Well good evening, blogeroos – did you miss me? I sure missed you!
So let me tell you a story about my week. Once again, I spent most of my week working and watching TV and unfortunately, feeling a bit ill. And as such, began to panic a little today. Once again I had left it too late and was starting to stress, this very morning, about failing yet again to keep up with this now that NYWM is over. I mean it’s ridiculous, I set myself these tasks and 1) I get stressed about them and 2) I fail at them. I am such a sucker for punishment. I don’t go to uni any more and yet still I have to write 1000ish words a week because I thought it would be a good idea.
And so, in my desperation, I spent a few hours today looking at photoshop and thinking about new blog backgrounds (challenge no. 16) and I googled where I might be able to get a tarot reading (no. 8). Just on a side note, there is a lady near my house who charges SIXTY DOLLARS for a half hour tarot card reading session! Does anyone know about these things? Is that a normal amount to be charged for someone to look at cards and tell you vague general things about your future? Also, she holds your jewelry and uses that to predict things about your future. Actually, I think I’ve just convinced myself that it’s worth the money… it sounds amazing. Maybe next week.
Anyway, around 5ish this afternoon, I gave up. I decided I would write you a comedic sort of update about how my herbs have all died, and about how I got a google+ account for no reason, and how I did actually achieve another challenge a while back, which was the NYWM weekly blog thing and then get to the end and be like “yeah, p.s. I didn’t actually do a challenge… *runs away*”
AND THEN the most amazing thing happened. My housemates, Amy and Samara, and my dear friend Emily who is here from Perth organised for Rachel, who does the most amazing things on her blog imakeyouwearit to MAKE ME A LUNA LOVEGOOD DRESS! This is amazing on so many levels (not least of which being that I hadn’t yet organised my costume for the Deathly Hallows Part 2… which is only TOMORROW). They did this as a present for me for my birthday, which is next Saturday.
One of the levels on which this is excellent is that I was already planning to ask Rachel to be a part of one of my challenges (challenge no. 29), in fact, now that I think about it, I had asked her! And the sneaky lady was all aloof and “oh yeah, maybe sometime down the track…”!
So, suddenly, there were four people in my loungeroom who all knew what was in store for me, and I had no clues! And then… the dress! Check out Rachel’s blog for an explanation of her inspiration, but omg it is so Luna! Samara did my hair and make up for the photos and I felt like some sort of movie star. It was amazing!
Would you like to see??!!
So that’s the story of how my friends provided me a ready-made challenge/ blog topic, while also simultaneously getting me an excellent birthday present, while also solving my costume problem without any effort on my part. I mean seriously, what fabulous humans to know.
Incidentally, if you want to “join one of my circles” (because that’s not a bit creepy) and you have google+, this is me: hello!




Hey, found you on NYWM :) Love your blog! And amazing costume, what lovely friends!!!!!
ReplyDelete